4 Way, Programmable Sounder Module, PCB only. Requires 24 Vdc supply and an RS485 card to be fitted in the control panel.
The 4-way programmable sounder card is a compact remote I/O device for the ZX series intelligent multi
protocol fire alarm control panels. This device, along with other remote I/O devices, the repeater units and
the external printer provide a complete range of peripheral devices to further enhance the functionality
and expandability of the ZX series systems.
The 4-way sounder card consists of 4 supervised sounder outputs built on a single printed circuit board Each
sounder output provides a supervised 24Vdc polarity reversal circuit. This output can be used to drive bells,
electronic sounders and strobes. Each output circuit can provide up to 1A with a maximum of 3A spread over all four outputs.
The 4-way sounder card connects to the ZX series control panels via the RS485 peripheral port (port D).
An RS485 communication card must be fitted in the ZX series intelligent multi protocol fire alarm control panel for that purpose. The “Auto-Learn” facility in the ZX series control panels will automatically add each circuit to the list of sounder outputs in the panel. Each of these outputs can be assigned to any zone on the system and can be individually programmed for NORMAL, PULSED, DELAYED, or DOUBLE-KNOCK operation. Each sounder output is monitored for open and short circuits, with individual LED indication on the card for the status of each circuit.
- Provides four individually programmable sounder outputs
- Compatible with ZX series intelligent multi protocol fire alarm control panels
- RS485 communication
- Connects to the peripheral bus (port D) on the fire alarm control panel
- Up to 15 on one peripheral bus
- Easy dip switch addressing
- Delayed or double-knock operation options
- Fault input for external power supply monitoring
- LED sounder status indication