Intevio 8-Zone Expander
About The Intevio Public Address And Voice Alarm
Honeywell’s INTEVIO Public Address and Voice Alarm system is the ideal solution for single buildings. It is an integrated solution that can provide better stability, costsavings, and higher user experience and performance:
Better safety and stability
• Complies with international standards
• A highly compact and integrated system
• Simple and easy to use with an innovative design
• Provides easy access to status updates, amplifier backup, logging and direct paging capabilities
Highly efficient solution
• Plug-and-play with default settings
• Intuitive set-up with step-by-step guided interaction between buttons and screens
• Can achieve all calls by configurable keys
• Auto configures when components are physically connected
HEX-8 is the zone expansion device controlled by HCU-2000, which adds 8 speaker zones, 8 monitored contact inputs and 8 contact outputs to the INTEVIO system. HEX-8 can connect with up to 4 external power amplifiers and 1 backup amplifier. Up to 15 nos. of HEX-8 can be used together in the system.
HEX-8 has 8 monitored contact inputs that can be linked with the fire alarm system to trigger the alert and evacuation messages when fire happens. 1 line input is provided to connect with external audio source.
HEX-8 also has 8 contact outputs that can be used to activate external devices. It has 8 pairs of 100V speaker outputs where each one allows multiple loudspeakers to be connected in parallel. Two audio output ports for audio channel 1 and audio channel 2 can be used to connect with 3rd party power amplifiers or devices. One 24VDC output is provided to power external device.
Automatic fault diagnosis
HEX-8 has power automatic fault diagnosis function to supervise various types of faults such as main power, backup power, CPU, power amplifier, speaker circuits, dry contact inputs, communication line, etc. All the fault information will be shown on the LED indicators on the front panel.
Allow broadcast even the controller CPU malfunctions
The external audio source connected to the line input can still be delivered to all the local zones when the controller CPU malfunctions. This function can reduce the system downtime due CPU failure and increase the safety level during emergency.
- Expands up to 8 Zones for INTEVIO system
- Supports single audio channel mode & dual audio channel mode
- Supports one-for-all amplifier backup
- Automatic fault diagnosis
- With 1 line input, 8 monitored contact inputs and 8 contact outputs