Storage Array, 3U 16 bay, 16x 8TB SATA hard drives, 128TB raw, rack mount kit
HERN SERIES NETWORK STORAGE
RAID Video Storage Solution for MAXPRO® NVRs
Honeywell’s MAXPRO NVR (network video recorder) video management systems are industry-leading enterprise class digital video solution, built upon best-in-class components that provide the flexibility and scalability suited to a variety of end user applications.
Honeywell is a total solution provider offering all the components of a reliable and flexible video system such as cameras, encoders, management software, servers, workstations and video storage. Honeywell Network Attached Storage (NAS) appliances are an integral component of a successful digital video system. The overall video system is only as good as the performance of each of its components. The Honeywell NAS solution leverages the expertise and technology of the IT and storage industry including GigE, iSCSI, RAID, and SATA hard drive technology. The NAS series is offered in a variety of configurations as a Network Attached Storage (NAS) or Storage Area Network (SAN) for video recording and archiving applications with MAXPRO NVR. The 5-bay and 8-bay models are suitable for desktop applications, and the 12-bay, 16-bay and 24-bay models are suitable for rack mount.
Multiple fans and power supplies in rack mount models provide redundancy to ensure continued usage in the unlikely event of component failure. The RAID controller is hardware-based and controls all logical drive functions transparently to the host system. The storage appliance appears as a standard SCSI drive or drives (in SAN mode) or a network drive (in NAS mode) to the computer’s operating system.
The Honeywell NAS RAID storage offers a cost-effective balance of video storage capacity and satisfies the stringent data availability requirements for an enterprise class digital video system. This NAS RAID solution applies to a variety of applications and features the raw capacity to store video data from a large number of cameras. The Enterprise NVR Series RAID storage helps ensure that video is available when it is most needed. All the NAS enclosures include a mid-plane, RAID controller, power and cooling units, and Intel Broadwell-DE or Avoton processor all in one chassis design with no cables.
- 24-bay: 24 hot-swappable drive bays in a robust 4U rackmount chassis with redundant, hot-swappable power and cooling modules, quad-core CPU and 4x 1GbE ports
- 16-bay: 16 hot-swappable drive bays in a robust 3U rackmount chassis with redundant, hot-swappable power and cooling modules, quad-core CPU and 4x 1GbE ports
- 12-bay: 12 hot-swappable drive bays in a robust 2U rackmount chassis with redundant, hot-swappable power and cooling modules, quad-core CPU and 4x 1GbE ports
- 8-bay: 8 hot-swappable drive bays in a robust desktop chassis, dual-core CPU, 2x1GbE ports and 2x 10GbE ports
- 5-bay: 5 hot-swappable drive bays in a robust desktop chassis, dual-core CPU, 2x1GbE ports and 2x 10GbE ports
- JBOD expansion support through an expansion board
- Simplified remote management with comprehensive embedded web-based management
- Support for RAID 5 and RAID 6 – protection from a catastrophic single or double drive failure
- Maximum incoming rate 256Mbps, outgoing rate 150Mbps (iSCSI SAN mode with 16-bay model)
- LUN mapping and masking bring flexibility for multiple applications and OS support on the same storage subsystem
- Open architecture provides the industry’s most comprehensive support for SATA hard drives and standards-based management interfaces including SNMP